ASP Hosting with ASPWebHosting.com.au
Still have websites running on ASP 3.0 or Classic ASP ?. Don’t worry, we still support legacy technology like Classic ASP Hosting. You can also mix and match Classic ASP and ASP.NET code in one single web site.
ASP Hosting Plans Supported at AspWebHosting.com.au
ASP web hosting plans at AspWebHosting.com.au are compatible with Windows 2003 hosting and Windows 2008 hosting. It also be able to functions well on MS SQL 2000 database hosting, MS SQL 2005 hosting and the latest MS SQL 2008 hosting.
Active Server Pages Implementation
- Platform Active Server Pages will run on all Windows Server Platform. It is fully supported on Windows 2003, or Windows 2008.
- Microsoft has stopped Classic ASP Development, and the latest version of ASP Hosting supported is Classic ASP 3.0. We recommend ASP.NET as Classic ASP replacement to develop Web based applications. With enhanced security, Object Oriented based languages and rapid application development tools, you can code and deliver your web projects faster.
- Hosting your ASP Web site is very simple and easy. You just need to upload your ASP Files into web server via control panel or FTP Application, Once it is uploaded, it is ready to run. You only need to ensure the connection string to the database has been setup correctly. The rest is just copy files deployment and everything should run smoothly.
- If you need advanced features such as uploading files, sending email and etc, you will need to have a basic knowledge of C++ to develop ASP ISAPI Application. ISAPI applications require all of the programming and layout to be contained in a .dll file written in C++. ISAPI applications are thus more difficult to create and maintain. With ASP files, an HTML writer can script an external component and format the output. ASP separates the layout and design from the business logic.
- Scripting Language Active Server Pages provides native support for both Microsoft JScript and VBScript. ActiveX scripting plug-ins are available for REXX, PERL, and Python.
- ASP Hosting Session State Active Server Pages allows you to define application and session variables that can be carried across multiple pages in a Web site. This can be as simple as remembering a user’s name, and it is necessary in applications such as online shopping to track product selections.